Sunday, April 27, 2014

Rainy days and Sundays

I sit here in the kitchen with lights off and windows open. I anxiously await the thunderstorm that is headed this way. I love thunderstorms. The sounds and smells take me to a very peaceful place. When I was a child I was terrified of storms. My grandma told me the angels were bowling and when the ball rolled down the lane it made thunder and when they hit the pins that was lightning. I didn't believe a word she said!
Let's get back to the point here. I see dark skies, green grass, buds on the trees and my favorite flower (lilac) in bloom. I love my back yard.
I watch the leaves move in the wind and listen to the birds chirping. I also hear Avery chomping away at her dog food like a crazy person! Truman is sighing every few seconds because he doesn't like thunder and Talia? She's actually resting by the door on a towel. Rain + dogs = towels at random spots around my house.  :-)

All in all this is a quiet, peace filled morning. Aaaaaaand Avery just burped so loud it sounded like a grown man! At least she's done chomping.
My love is still sleeping, he works crazy hours, and the boy is on his way home from Ohio.
It is a beautiful morning and I am over whelmed by how blessed I am!

I hope your hearts are as full as mine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment